Sunday 2 October 2011

Classic cars in the Whitsundays

Today was a truly glorious day in the Whitsundays.  The weather was perfect and we could not wait to get out amongst it.

We took our young 'brmm brmm' enthusiast to the Airlie Beach foreshore where the local Lions Club had so kindly organised a Classic Car Show.  Entry was completely free and was to encourage more tourists to Airlie.  It's so great to see a group such as the Lions Club doing such wonderful work for local tourism and small business, whom have all taken a battering over recent years.

We went down, like many and 'ooohed' at the cars.  Master 19 months cried out 'car, car, car' time and time again and the Mister drooled.  I'm not a car 'nut' but I loved having a look at the gorgeous collection too.  We then trotted off to have a coffee and cake :)  Yum!

Airlie was abuzz and I absolutely loved watching everyone appreciate the paradise that is on our doorstep.

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I loved taking them!

The Mister informs me his father had one of these.  What an era! 

The Mister may one day trade me for one of these...

This interior is a dream come true!
I've dreamt of being a Pink Lady from 'Grease' for EVER!  This fits the bill perfectly!
I took this pic just to make you all jealous!!

Hope your weekend was equally gorgeous :)


No comments:

Post a Comment